- Tue, 2012-02-28 11:20
Adele's second album 21 this week surpassed the UK sales record of Michael Jackson's landmark album Bad.
Following her BRIT Awards performance and wins, Adele's 21 jumped back up to number one in the UK Albums Chart, breaking the four million sales mark in the process.
21 has now sold close to 61,000 copies more than Michael Jackson's best-selling 1987 album Bad, and it has not left the UK Albums Chart top ten since it's release in January 2011, 57 weeks ago. It is now number eight on the list of the all-time bestselling albums in the UK.
The full list is as follows:
01. Greatest Hits – Queen (5,863,000)
02. Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band – The Beatles (5,044,000)
03. Gold: Greatest Hits – Abba (4,989,000)
04. What's The Story Morning Glory – Oasis (4,517,000)
05. Thriller - Michael Jackson (4,248,000)
06. Brothers In Arms - Dire Straits (4,152,000)
07. The Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd (4,114,000)
08. 21 – Adele (4,020,000)
09. Bad - Michael Jackson (3,959,000)
10. Greatest Hits II – Queen (3,887,000)
Source: Official Charts Company – www.theofficialcharts.com